Website Brunswick Landing Marina, Inc.
A large marina and full-service boat yard
We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint the exterior/bottom of boats. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work. When there are no painting jobs, there will be general labor work available.
• Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
• Make on-site preparations such as setting up boat, covering fixtures etc.
• Prepare boat and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
• Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material
• Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
• Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
• Apply varnish and other finishes
• Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
• Proven experience as a painter
• Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
• Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
• Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
• Good basic math skills
• Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
• Conscientious with great attention to detail
Candidate must pass a background check, have a valid driver’s license, and pass a drug screen as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Painting: 2 years (Preferred)
• Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Brunswick, GA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com